Doctoral students must prepare, in cooperation with the supervisor, an individual study plan. This plan must include:
Doctoral seminar consisting of two one-semester PhD courses
- (“Oborový seminář I” and “Oborový seminář II” in Czech)
- 3 years of short paper presentations on the details of the thesis outline or individual thesis chapters, and the outcomes of the student’s other research activities
- PhD Seminar: Research Presentations
- PhD Seminar: Rhetoric in Literature and Philosophy
Foreign language exam
- organized by the Language Centre at the Faculty: German, French, Spanish, Latin
- other languages can be assigned in view of a specific research area
Expanded theses of the PhD thesis
A chapter or another coherent thesis output
Research activities, including
- one article published in peer-reviewed journal
- presentation at an international conference
- research visit abroad application for a grant project
- translation of an academic article or book,
- editing a collection of essays or conference proceedings.
Regular consultations with the supervisor
For details, please download the PhD Study Plan valid from 2017:
The student’s progress is evaluated at the end of each year by the supervisor and the Subject Board.
For more detail about the rules of study, see the Faculty Study Regulations: in Czech, in English.
The PhD programme is concluded by:
For further information concerning the PhD programme, please contact the director, Professor Martin Procházka.